UNIFORMS and EARNED CASUAL DRESS
It is the parents’ responsibility to see that their children are neat, with good hygiene, and properly dressed for each school day. Good grooming is encouraged!
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOUR CHILD’S NAME IS CLEARLY MARKED ON ALL CLOTHING. ALL CLOTHING MUST BE NEAT, CLEAN AND APPROPRIATELY TAILORED FOR SCHOOL WEAR AT ALL TIMES.
White blouses or polo shirts and crew neck sweatshirt with the school logo MUST BE WORN ON MASS DAYS AND SPECIAL DAYS NOTED.
Boys – Long pants
Girls –Jumpers K–4th or Skirts 5th–8th (skirts should fall NO SHORTER than 1 1⁄2 inches from mid-knee – NO MID-THIGH SKIRTS)
Please communicate with the Principal if your child is unable to follow the formal uniform policy.
All Students (Daily Uniform):
Shirts, Shorts, Pants, Skirts or Jumpers, Socks and Shoes
- A white uniform blouse, polo shirt or white turtleneck must be worn under the sweatshirt in all grades.
- A navy blue polo shirt may be worn on days OTHER THAN MASS DAYS.
- The collar must appear on outside of sweatshirt.
- SHIRTS MUST BE TUCKED IN AT ALL TIMES.
- Navy blue uniform walking shorts
- Navy blue uniform pants (cords or twill)
- White or navy socks, solid in color
- White or navy blue tights (NO LEGGINGS)
- Crew, knee socks or tights must be worn at all times.
- SOCKS MUST BE ABOVE THE ANKLES.
- Laced/buckled shoes in solid black must be acceptable to the uniform and to an elementary school student.
- Tennis shoes with low soles must be solid black.
- Closed, rubber or leather low soled shoes must be solid black.
- Shoes MUST BE CLOSED-TOE and fastened. No type of shoe that could be detrimental to child’s safety is permitted. (e.g. shoes with wheels).
- Shoes must be suitable to safely run in; therefore, high platforms or heels are not acceptable. Please use a one and three quarter heel as a guideline.
- Shoes intended to be laced must have laces and be laced up and tied at all times.
- No boots are allowed.
Differences by Grade Level
Navy blue sweatshirt with the school logo
Blue and white plaid jumper (Rampart #18631)
Navy blue sweatshirt with school logo
Blue and white plaid skort (Rampart #18631)
Royal Blue sweatshirt with school logo
- Hair must be clean and well-groomed (NO “mohawks” and hair should be away from child’s face). If deemed inappropriate, the teacher, Vice Principal or Principal will notify the parent.
- Changes in hair color are not appropriate.
- At all times, there should only be one piercing clearly visible (e.g. one set of earrings). Any other piercings can remain (no more than TWO in all) but should be discreet.
- Only studs and small hoop earrings (NO BIGGER than a quarter) are allowed. For BOYS: Stud earrings are acceptable.
- Jewelry should remain TASTEFUL and SIMPLE (NO big necklaces, big bracelets or big earrings, etc.).
- No makeup should be worn by girls from K-6. Girls in 7th and 8th grade may wear natural looking makeup.
- Only clear or light in color nail polish is acceptable. Fingernails are to be kept short (NO French tip manicures).
P.E. Uniform – Grades K -8
P.E. IS NOT held on Wednesday. ALL STUDENTS GRADES K–8 MUST COME TO SCHOOL ON THEIR APPROPRIATE DAY, DRESSED FOR P.E. If they are not in their P.E. uniform, it will impact their P.E. grade. If they are not dressed in a P.E. uniform, a note from their parent/guardian explaining why must be given to the P.E. teacher.
- Navy blue t-shirt with SCHOOL LOGO, navy blue fleece, nylon shorts or sweatpants
- All Students – Solid black tennis shoes with LOW SOLES. White or navy blue socks MUST BE WORN AND SEEN ABOVE THE ANKLE.
- All students are to participate in P.E. unless a written note with a medical excuse is presented to the P.E. teacher.
- Jackets are always to be worn over the school sweatshirt.
- Jackets MAY NOT be worn during the day in the classroom unless it is a very cold day.
- In EXTREMELY COLD WEATHER, jackets may be worn during exchange of classes and at recess, but it is to be worn over a school sweatshirt.
- Scarves may only be worn before or after school and during recess.
- Solid navy blue sweatshirts are acceptable as outerwear.
Earned Casual Dress
- Earned Casual Dress days will be announced by the Principal.
- Clothes should be worn that are appropriate for elementary school students.
- NO halters, spaghetti straps, tank tops, crop tops, biker shorts, short shorts or short skirts are permitted. T-shirts with logos must be appropriate (NO specific concert/entertainer t-shirts) and supportive of the school philosophy. All shirts must be to the waist.
- Boys and girls are permitted to wear appropriate jeans of any color (NO low-waist jeans – must be regular cut. NO jean/short overalls. NO tight jeans/”jeggings”). Worn out jeans or jeans with holes are not considered appropriate and may not be worn. WALKING SHORTS are permitted.
- Socks must be above the ankle. No type of shoe that could be detrimental to the child’s safety is permitted. Shoes intended to be laced must have laces, and be laced up at all times.
- All clothing items must be clearly marked with student’s name and grade. Lost items will be placed on a table on Friday each week (“Find It Fridays”). Items that are not claimed will be donated.
- If there is any distraction to learning, the parents must provide a change of clothes.
- The Principal or a person designated by the Principal will make the final decision.